OUR EXTRA SAFETY MEASURES
The safety of our patients and staff is our top priority. Here are some of the measures we have in place:
– Germicidal UV. Our new office has hospital-grade disinfection built into our HVAC system.
– Wear masks. For now we are still asking all patients and staff to continue to wear masks. This may change–we are continuing to evaluate the situation and are awaiting updated guidance for healthcare facilities. We have immunocompromised patients (e.g., on chemotherapy, etc.) and for now the CDC recommends continuing the use of face masks in this situation (https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/hcp/infection-control-after-vaccination.html).
– Social distancing. We are still striving to keep all patients here at the biggest distance, and shortest time. We ask that any visitors please wait in the car.
– Short visits. As before, mammogram images are reviewed as they are acquired and if needed ultrasound is performed the same day by Dr. Amodei. Patients can choose to stay to review their images for immediate results or if the patient prefers, after their images have been reviewed, they can dress and leave and if needed can have a conversation about their results later that day by phone.
– Disinfect. We are trying to minimized the number of things patients touch. And we thoroughly disinfect all high-touch surfaces (doors, counters, dressing rooms, etc.) with medical grade disinfectants throughout the day.
– HEPA filters in every room. While coronavirus on its own is only 0.125 microns in size, most of the virus is thought to be traveling through the air in respiratory droplets, which would be trapped by our HEPA filters. Masks should prevent most of these droplets from every making it into the air and our iWave system should treat the air in our HVAC system. The HEPA filters provide yet another layer of protection.
WISHING YOU GOOD HEALTH!